The VA Loan provides veterans with a federally guaranteed home loan which requires no down payment. This program was designed to provide housing and assistance for veterans and their families.
The Veterans Administration provides insurance to lenders in the case that you default on a loan. Because the mortgage is guaranteed, lenders will offer a lower interest rate and terms than a conventional home loan. VA home loans are available in all 50 states. A VA loan may also have reduced closing costs and no prepayment penalties.
Additionally, there are services that may be offered to veterans in danger of defaulting on their loans. VA home loans are available to military personnel that has either served 181 days during peacetime, 90 days during a war, or a spouse of serviceman either killed or missing in action.
In order to be qualified, we would need
1) Driver's License for Each Borrower (include spouse)
2) Social Security for Each Borrower (Include spouse)
3)Last 30 days of Paystubs (If applicable)
4) Last 60 days of Bank statements
5) Last two years of w-2's or 1099 (If applicable)
6) Last two years of Tax Returns (With all pages including Schedules if applicable)
7) Documentation of other Income (Social Security, Child Support, Pension, VA benefits etc.)
8) Certificate of Eligibility
9) DD - 214